Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ian Law (Ppast2)
Level 5
Username: Ppast2

Post Number: 28

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The two types of Summerhouse are shown, the double and the single. Note they are both on their own green bases. The boxes shown are original Johillco boxes; very plain boxes like the ones shown were used for many of the JH items including plain red boxes. Very few of these plain boxes had a description on them, only as seen in the picture. This could have been added by the shopkeeper.

Ian Law (Ppast2)
Level 5

Post Number: 29

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is another example of the plain box as used for the windmill.

Ian Law (Ppast2)
Level 5

Post Number: 30

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Johillco pond in its original plain red box. There is no writing on the box at all. It still retains its original tissue paper.

Ian Law (Ppast2)
Level 5

Post Number: 31

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 04:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johillco greenhouse in its original plain red box. Note the beige base for the greenhouse and the four flowerpots; these were part of the set. As far as I know there were two variations on the greenhouse: one without glazing, as shown, and one with glazing held in place by a thin tin framework.

Ian Law (Ppast2)
Level 5

Post Number: 32

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 04:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Original four-wheel float in plain red box. Note the price of 2/6d. There was a two-wheel version of this float which is quite hard to find. I would very much like to know the truth as to what farm animal went in the back. It is a bullock cart but was the bullock/cow sold in this set? I do not think so. There is also a black showhorse which could also have been put into one of these carts. What is certain, I have not seen a complete boxed set with animal and herder with handkerchief as shown in books??

Ian Law (Ppast2)
Level 5

Post Number: 33

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very early samples of boxes used for the Johillco zoo.

Ian Law (Ppast2)
Level 5

Post Number: 36

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

STREET GASLAMP SET. I have shown two box types. The model shown is for gas with a double Mantle (Lamp) I have seen a single which is possibly an electric variation. There was only ever one figure, the one on the ladder.

Mike Ennis (Mikeennis)
Level 2
Username: Mikeennis

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All a plea for help
can any one put me in the right direction to were I can have access to a listing of the post 1946 production of the John Hill & Co (JoHillCo) when it was resumed at the Burnley premises ??
Many thanks
regards
Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered Dinky Club Members may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out